Procedure to follow to submit a letter of permission

Note: a letter of permission allows uOttawa students to follow courses for transfer of units (credits) at universities outside Ontario. Courses listed on a letter of permission replace courses in their program of study and failures occurred in these courses count towards their program.

The period of registration at the host university cannot count towards residency requirements at the University of Ottawa.

The student must:

  • Fill out and sign the Letter of permission and the Graduate registration forms and submit them to his/her academic unit before the end of the registration period;
  • Provide to the academic unit an outline or a description of the courses to be taken at the host university;
  • pay the required administrative fees ($50 non-refundable), billed directly to his/her student account;
  • present the letter of permission approved by the University of Ottawa to the host university, accompanied by the registration form of the host university. Tuition fees must be paid to the host university;
  • request the host university to send an official transcript, in a sealed envelop, to his/her academic unit once the final grades are available;
  • notify the academic unit of the University of Ottawa and the host university before the withdrawal dates if you plan to withdraw from the courses in which you registered. A proof of withdrawal may be required.


Back to top