The LEAP summer program focuses on practicing English through participation. Through active learning with our highly-qualified instructors you will enhance your English by completing task-based assignments. Students will develop their language skills and acquire intercultural communication skills for everyday life. During this 4-week program, you’ll be fully immersed in an English-speaking environment in Canada’s capital. You’ll have the opportunity to interact inside and outside the classroom with other students coming from all over the world. We’ll give you the tools to LEAP into any conversation in English!
Our goal is to help you:
- Communicate effectively outside the classroom with both native and non-native English speakers
- Complete engaging tasks connected to your everyday life in the community
- Identify, collect, analyze, organize, and document relevant information for a presentation
- Gain confidence speaking English in real world interactions
- Develop strategies for effective reading, writing, listening, and speaking using English