- Unplug all electric devices, especially those with heating elements. Back-up your computer's hard drive and unplug your computer.
- Pull things away from the heaters and leave the thermostats at 15 degrees.
- Close and lock your window. Close the curtains.
- Make sure all air vents are free of obstructions.
- Report any defective tap, drain or toilet.
- Bring your valuables with you.
- Empty your mailbox.
- Do not forget your access card and keys and do not lend them to anyone.
- Turn off lights.
- Empty your fridge or make sure there is no perishable food in it.
- Take out to the bins all garbage, compost and items for recycling.
If you're leaving
If you're staying
Please note many campus and residence administrative services will either shut down or operate on a reduced schedule during the holiday break.
Residences remain open during the ; residence administrative services, like others on campus, will either shut down or operate on a reduced schedule during the break. Students are free to leave for the duration of the break, part of it, or stay in their room until the start of the new term.
Please note that all access doors to the residences will be locked at all times during the holiday period. Residents must have their access cards with them in order to enter the buildings.
Mail and deliveries
Postal Services will also interrupt its operations for the duration of the holiday break. Mail and parcels received during this time will be delivered early January.
You will be able to access the Dining Hall through the doors located in-between Morisset Hall and Jock Turcot University Centre.
Garbage, recycling and compost
Health and wellness
For any emergencies during the holiday break, please contact Protection Services at 613-562-5411.