Office: 801 King Edward avenue (N204)
Phone: 613-562-5800 ext. 7485
The Vice-Dean Academics assists the Dean by performing functions related to the undergraduate and graduate programs.
Her role is to actively contribute to the development of the Faculty's strategic plan to ensure academic excellence by developing quality programs to promote the recruitment and retention of high-caliber students.
The role of the Vice-Dean Academics has two important aspects:
- providing strategic leadership on educational issues (quality and program delivery);
- provide direction and oversight to optimize student competency and progression through the academic programs in the Faculty of Health Sciences (enrolment management).
Vice-Dean, Interprofessionalism, Partnerships, and Practical Education
Office : RGN 3064
Phone: 613-562-5800 ext. 8035
The Vice-Dean Interprofessionalism, Partnerships, and Practical Education supports the assists the Dean by providing strategic leadership and oversight for optimizing students’ practical education, interprofessionalism, development of affiliation agreements with our partners, risk management, and special projects throughout all programs of study within the Faculty of Health Science by:
- Developing interprofessionalism activities within FHS academic programs as well as academic programs in connection with other Faculties (i.e., Medicine and Social Sciences (Social Work));
- Developing partnerships and affiliation agreements for the practical training of our students;
- Undertaking risk management for pre-clinical preparation, pre-practical training preparation, and preparation for certain laboratories and academic experiences;
- Fostering and developing relationships with our alumni and external relations, in connection with enhancing practical education, interprofessionalism initiatives, and alumni engagement; and
- Undertaking special projects for the benefits of our students’ learning in their program of study.
Vice-Dean, Governance and Secretary
Office: 801 King Edward avenue (N204)
The Vice-Dean, Governance and Secretary assists the Dean by assuming functions related to the good and efficient governance of the Faculty and serves as secretary of the Faculty. The role of the Vice-Dean, Governance and Secretary is to serve as a consultant and resource person to the Dean, Vice-Deans, and Associate Deans and Directors for the interpretation and application of University and Faculty policies and regulations. The Vice-Dean Governance and Secretary consults with the Dean in the development of contractual agreements between the Faculty and partner organizations. The Vice-Dean Governance and Secretary collaborates with the Dean on grievances, appeals, and complaints that may result in litigation. The Vice-Dean, Governance and Secretary serves as a member on the Faculty Council and on the Executive Committee of the Faculty of Health Sciences and provides reports on activities under their portfolio, acts as Secretary on these committees, and is an ex officio member of Senate.
Office: MNT 341
Phone: 613-562-5800 ext. 2453
The Vice-Dean, Research assists the Dean by assuming functions related to the development, promotion, planning and coordination of the Faculty’s research. The role of the Vice-Dean, Research is to contribute actively to the development of the Faculty Strategic Plan in support of the quest for excellence and competitiveness in research and the advancement of knowledge in the health sciences. The Vice-Dean Research serves as a member on the Faculty Council and on the Executive Committee of the Faculty of Health Sciences and provides reports on activities under their portfolio.
Chief Administrative Officer
The Chief Administration Officer assists the Dean by providing strategic and operational leadership in the planning, development and implementation of activities such as budget planning and control, financial strategies, human resources management, physical and IT oversight in order to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the Faculty's teaching and research, taking into account the strategic orientations and Faculty priorities established by the Dean's Office and in accordance with the mission of the University. The Chief Administration Officer serves as a member on the Faculty Council and on the Executive Committee of the Faculty of Health Sciences and provides reports on activities under their portfolio.