Purpose of Fund
This scholarship is established for the purpose of promoting the development and excellence of research on legal issues relevant to Indigenous peoples in the master's with thesis and doctoral programs of the Faculty of Law offered at the University of Ottawa.
Value of award: $15,000
Number of awards: 2 (1 for a Master's with Thesis student and 1 for a Doctoral student. A person can only receive one scholarship for the duration of their program.)
Frequency of the award: Annual
Application contact: Professor Ghislain Otis,
Application deadline: Summer term: April 15 / Fall term: August 15/ Winter term: December 15
- The candidate must be admitted or registered as a full-time student in a graduate program at the Faculty of Law of the University of Ottawa;
- The award will be given to the applicant whose excellence and research topic best meet the objectives of the Laboratory.
- A description of the research project (750 words max.);
- Up-to-date official academic transcripts, or copies of these documents, if they have been already submitted for admission to the University of Ottawa;
- An up-to date curriculum vitae;
- A letter of support from the candidate's thesis supervisor; and
- A letter of intent from the candidate addressed to the Selection Committee.