Simplification of administrative processes
The project is part of the Administrative Process Modernization Program.
It aims to achieve quick wins.
The objective of the project is to identify areas of opportunity with high added value to reduce the administrative burden for Professors, Researchers, Employees and Students. It also aims to ensure a significant reduction in administrative problems throughout the University.
Submit a request
We invite the University’s community to submit any request to simplify a process that needs improvement. To do this, you just have to fill in the Request to simplify a process form and send it to us.
The project team will conduct an assessment and determine whether the request should be selected or not. The team will also determine the priority of the request.
The requests selected can reside both in the Financial Resources and Human Resources services and elsewhere in the Faculties and Services.
The submitted processes must :
- be aligned chronologically with the ERP implementation project;
- require urgent attention;
- be able to be automated, modified or improved independently of an ERP conversion;
- offer an attractive return on investment and a value creation proposition;
- have a cost of less than $ 10,000;
- be able to be delivered in 1 month or broken down into several 1-month sub-projects;
- have a positive and lasting result.
All the proposals will be analyzed and, if they are not selected within the framework of the project, they could prove useful for the realization of the ERP to come or for the other projects of the Administrative Process Modernization Program.
The importance of participating
The University considers the proposals of all of its employees to offer them the best possible work environment and offer the best experience possible.
News and updates
Launch of the first phase
By end-February, the Simplification of Administrative Processes project will be first launched for :
- Board Members
- Vice-Presidents and Assistants
- Associate Vice-Presidents and Assistants
- Faculties Administrative Directors
- Heads of Offices
- Legal Advisers
- Chief Administrative Directors
- Chief Archivist
- Senior Managers
Identification of areas of opportunity with high added value
- Collect, from all of the University's staff, proposals for administrative processes that they believe should be improved or fixed.
- Evaluate the proposals.
- Select or not the proposals.
- Determine the priority of the proposals.
All the proposals will be analyzed and, if they are not retained within the framework of the project, they could prove useful for the realization of the ERP to come or for the other projects of the Administrative Process Modernization Program.
Imponderables that could affect the choice of processes chosen:
- a high volume of requests
- the availability of resources
- the added value
- the impact on the community
Transformation of operational efficiency into value-added activities
- Improve and streamline the selected processes.
- Ensure a significant reduction in the administrative burden for Professors, Researchers, Employees and Students.
Demonstration of progress
To prove the:
- successes regarding improved processes;
- added value of improved processes;
- efficiency and effectiveness gains;
- time saved;
- reduction of cost;
- reduction of frustrations.