The mandate of the Faculty Council is to propose, to the appropriate University authorities, according to the approved procedures, recommendations on:
- the policy and conditions for admission to baccalaureate programs and to professional studies programs offered by the Faculty;
- the structure of programs leading to baccalaureate, diplomas and professional certificates, in particular with regard to the place and content of general education vis-à-vis specialized training;
- courses and professional programs offered at the B. Ed. level, in the Professional Development Programs for in-service teachers and in the Professional programs in general;
- continuing education in the disciplines or professional studies within its jurisdiction: special upgrading programs, special standards of admission for adult candidates, equivalencies in university credits for work experience, and so on;
- the presentation of candidates for the baccalaureate and other certification upon completion of a professional development program.