Every year since 2015, the Faculty of Engineering has been privileged to host a large delegation of professors from Chinese universities as part of our International Teacher Training Program. This program provides special multidimensional training in advanced teaching and university management for engineering and computer science professors from world universities. It meets the needs of people with highly diversified backgrounds and interests.
During one-, three- or six-month professional development programs, trainees participate in various activities including:
- Intensive English-language training with our Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute
- Auditing uOttawa Faculty of Engineering undergraduate and graduate courses
- Group training and individual consultations on pedagogy with our Teaching and Learning Support Service
- Teaching symposia, where trainees present teaching material and receive feedback
- Diverse presentations and workshops, visits and tours (labs, facilities, Centre for Entrepreneurship and Engineering Design, museums, etc.)
On completion of the International Teacher Training Program, trainees receive individual certificates. They also receive video recordings of their performances during the teaching symposia.
Program benefits include professional development, immersion in Canadian culture and Canada’s capital, and opportunities to practice a second language, meet colleagues and professors, discuss research collaborations and reach faculty- or university-level agreements.