Labour Relations deals with situations involving these three unions:
- the Association of Professors of the University of Ottawa (APUO);
- the Association of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa (APTPUO);
- the CUPE 2626 which represents teaching and research assistants, markers, tutors, lab monitors, demonstrators, proctors and lifeguards.
Unions or their members can seek to enforce their rights when they feel their collective agreement has been violated.
Advisors and officers
The labour relations advisors and officers advise union members on employment standards, collective agreements, complaints, grievances, disciplinary processes, conflict resolution, layoffs, dismissals and other potential work-related situations. They also help draft regulations and policies on working conditions and negotiate the renewal of collective agreements.
- Jules Carrière is the Associate Vice-President, Faculty Affairs, since 2013.
- Noémie Boivin is the Senior Labour Relations Advisor since 2013.
- Trixi B. Magyar is the Labour Relations Advisor since 2012. She has more than 25 years of experience with the University of Ottawa.
- Carl Bélanger has joined the team in June 2014 and is Academic Labour Relations Advisor since April, 1st, 2015. He has nine years of experience with the University of Ottawa Human Resources.
- Patricia Laliberté is the Labour Relations Officer since November 2, 2016. She has been working at the University of Ottawa since 2013.
- Stéfanie Bergès-Lalonde is the Administrative and Communication Assistant. Please contact her for any administrative and organisational matter.