About the Centre for Academic Leadership
- Support Deans, Vice-Deans, Department Chairs, Research Leaders and persons in equivalent positions in their role as academic leaders
- Facilitate networking between colleagues holding academic-unit management positions
- Capture the interest of future academic leaders and prepare the next generation
- Offer to all professors the opportunity to explore different career paths
- Support all regular professors in their career development
The Centre for Academic Leadership's services include:
- Leadership Development and Management Training Sessions
- Mentoring program for new Vice-Deans, Department Chairs, Research Leads and persons in equivalent positions
- Mentoring for all professors
- Leadership Development for Women
- 360° Feedback
- Learning Resources
The Centre for Academic Leadership is under the responsibility of the Cabinet of the Associate Vice-President Faculty Affairs. Here are the staff from the Centre:
Françoise Moreau-Johnson, Manager
Françoise has been at the Centre for Academic Leadership since 2007. In addition to a Master's degree in Experimental Psychology (1987) and one in Linguistics (2013), Françoise has more than 20 years business experience in both the public and private sectors.
Françoise is recognised for her excellent work by both her clients (faculty members) and by the central administration; moreover, she received the Award of Excellence for Staff in May 2011. Through her openness, Françoise is an excellent ambassador for the University. Her innovative work, including group mentoring and writing days, have been cited as a model for other universities. She has gained the trust of professors and academic leaders, who seek her guidance, bringing people from various disciplines together and building an impressive network of contacts.
Aside from coordinating various workshops and writing activities, Françoise organises the mentoring program and facilitates the succession planning program by meeting with candidates, assessing their development needs and offering them different learning opportunities.
Manager, Centre for Academic Leadership
Telephone: (613) 562-5800 ext. 4793
Anne-Marie Chamberland, Project Assistant
Anne-Marie is studying Criminology and Social Work at the University of Ottawa.