Recipients of the Faculty of Education Award for Excellence in Research receive a $1,500 prize, deposited in a research account in the recipient’s name. The award is presented at a lecture to be given by the recipient.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a regular member of the teaching staff of the Faculty of Education (with tenure or in a tenure-track appointment) and not eligible for the Faculty of Education New Researcher Award
- Have made exceptional contributions through creative scholarship to research in education that have earned distinction for both the Faculty and the University
- Have work published in peer-reviewed journals that has made a notable contribution to the body of literature (this contribution together with research grants obtained will form a major part of the evidence supporting the candidate’s contributions)
- Have consistently demonstrated quality of research
- Have contributed to the advancement of a field of expertise
- Have a strong track record of service to the community
Nominations can be submitted by any member of the Faculty of Education.
Nominations must be submitted to the Vice-Dean, Research, by email to [email protected] on or before May 31 of each year.
Nominations must include:
- An up-to-date CV
- A two-page brief describing the main elements in support of the nominee, including:
- The nominee’s area of research
- The contribution of the research to the field or discipline
- Any additional documents in support of the nomination
Selection of the award recipient is determined by a Faculty of Education awards selection committee comprising:
- The dean or a vice-dean of the Faculty of Education
- Two Faculty of Education professors
- A tenured professor from another faculty of the University of Ottawa
The committee may request external evaluations of the candidates.