- Access the Remote Apps portal
- Log in using your uoAccess credentials as follows:
- Username: Your full uOttawa email address (e.g. [email protected])
- Password: Your uoAccess password.
- Once logged in, there will be a set of remote applications.
- Once you select one of the applications, you will then be requested to enter your login credentials again.
- Once logged in, the application will launch.
- You will then see the application’s launch screen, which can take some to load. Eventually, the remote application will start and you can start to use it. Remote apps window panes are cyan.
Connecting to Remote Applications for Mac OS X
To use the Faculty of Engineering's Remote Apps on Mac OS X, you will need to install the latest Microsoft Remote Desktop client for Mac (version 10.0 or higher), which can be downloaded from the App Store. Once installed, the software will be displayed in your Applications folder. Follow these steps to configure your OS X to use the latest installed Microsoft Remote Desktop Client for Remote Apps:
- Close the Remote Desktop app, then use your browser to access: https://it.uottawa.ca/students/remote_labs.
- Log in with your uoAccess account and select the application you want to use. An RDP file will be downloaded.
- To force the RDP file to launch with the proper client, highlight it in your downloaded items and press simultaneously “Command ⌘” + “I”.
- A menu will appear; expand “open with”, choose the new Microsoft RDP client, then select “Change All”.
RDP files should now open using the most recent RDP client.