Arts Court - uOttawa / City of Ottawa / Ottawa Art Gallery
The University of Ottawa has entered into a 35 year lease agreement with the City of Ottawa for facilities at Arts Court.
- Construction of a new Ottawa Art Gallery (5,860 square metres GFA) on the vacant land at 60-70 Waller Street including environmentally-controlled exhibition and curatorial spaces; event and education facilities; and a café and gift shop;
- A new rooftop terrace and 250-seat flexible multi-purpose/screening room with retractable seating and projection booth for film and digital presentations, exhibition, lectures and other functions ;
- Construction of a new 120-seat Black Box Theatre for the University of Ottawa and four associated classrooms at 60-70 Waller Street (1,481 square metres GFA);
- Renovation of existing spaces vacated by the OAG will provide improved facilities for creation, production , exhibition and performance for some of Ottawa’s leading artist-run centres currently programming at Arts Court, including Saw Gallery, Club Saw, Saw Video, International Film Co-Operative (IFCO) and Artengine (2,014 square metres GFA).
- New loading docks and elevators, and a new , barrier-free, main entrance which will connect the OAG, the University of Ottawa Theatre Dept. and the existing building on all four levels , enhancing and encouraging access to public programming venues throughout the site.
- Creation of an east-west interior pedestrian network by renovating the existing Arts Court facility. Such an improvement will link Arts Court to the University of Ottawa to the east, and to the future Light Rail Transit station (Rideau Station) to the west at the Rideau Centre shopping centre;
- Site development including three outdoor courtyards which will have programming uses, public art, as well as create a sense of arrival.
For more information, please visit de City of Ottawa website: http://ottawa.ca/en/art-gallery-expansion-and-arts-court-redevelopment
Black Box Theatre - 360 degree photo
- Project Manager: Sylvio Miron
- Architect: Régis Côté et associés
- Civil / Structural Engineer: Pasquin St-Jean et associés
- General Contractor: EBC inc.
- Landscape Architect: Denis Massie, Architecte paysagiste inc.
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineer: Dupras Ledoux Ingénieurs