UOHS will be launching a new platform for enhanced appointment reminders as of March 21st, 2016.
- The appointment reminders we send via email will have a new look and will provide additional information on how to prepare for your appointment.
- You will be able to add the email appointment reminder to your electronic calendar.
- Appointment reminders by telephone will be automated.
- You will now have the option to receive appointment reminders via text message.
- You will now be able to confirm or cancel your appointment, regardless of how you receive your appointment reminder.
Work local change for Dr. Rami Habib
As of April 4, 2016, Dr. Rami Habib (Psychiatrist) will be relocating from 1 Nicholas to 316 Rideau clinic on Tuesdays and at 100 Marie-Curie on Thursdays. Please take note if you have an appointment with him.
Victoria Day - May 23rd
Please note that on Monday May 23rd, the Walk-in Clinic (located at 100 Marie Curie) will be open from 10 am to 2 pm, however the rest of University of Ottawa Health Services will be closed.
Medical Certificates for Students
Exams are approaching! Please read our Medical Certificates for Students Policy here.
After Hours Access to Care
Patients registered with a family doctor at UOHS
In case of emergency, always dial 911. THAS connects you to a nurse who can provide medical advice, or, if appropriate, provide access to a family health team doctor or suggest that you go to emergency.
Patients not registered with a family doctor at UOHS – Ontario residents
In case of emergency, always dial 911. Telehealth Ontario is a free service that allows Ontario residents to speak to a Registered Nurse with their medical questions any time of the day or night. This could be when you're sick or injured but aren't sure if you need to see a doctor or can treat the situation at home.
Patients not registered with a family doctor at UOHS – Quebec residents
In case of emergency, always dial 911. Info-Santé 8-1-1 is a free and confidential telephone consultation service that puts you in contact with a nurse in case of a non-urgent health issue.