Interested in getting active? The service are free to all students, faculty, and staff who are insufficiently physically active and/or want to increase their enjoyment of physical activity. To register for free PAC, please send us an e-mail at and we will match you with a counsellor as soon as possible.
Physical activity counselling
Pedometer Challenge: Step out of the office and get moving October 16-22!
1. Gather participants to join your team (we suggest 10 participants per team, but you may have more or less; it’s up to you);
2. Come up with a team name;
3. As captain, send the name of your team and the preliminary team members to [email protected] by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2023;
4. From October 16-22, 2023 (all 7 days!), collect your team’s average number of steps with a copy of your Team Form (all your steps throughout the day count, from when you wake to when you go to bed). You may use the steps conversion table for activities other than walking (such as cycling, swimming, etc.)
5. Submit your form to Elizabeth Dowden ([email protected]) by Tuesday, October 24th, 5 p.m.
uO running club
The walking and running club will resume on April 11 with the cheers of Sophie Wauquier for the group of walkers and new runners. The groups will begin by alternating 1 minute walking and 1 minute running. You can also join Jean-François Venne who will facilitate for intermediate and advanced runners.
Walk and run on the beautiful paths of the Rideau canal and those around Parliament!
Meeting point is at 12:10 pm on Tuesdays in front of the Lamoureux building (while the Montpetit entrance is being renovated), change rooms (free of charge) are available at the Montpetit gym in the basement.
Network of champions
Champions take part in monthly committee meetings and/or promote the initiatives and activities within their units. To become a champion or for more information on how to get involved, contact Benoit Lefebvre at [email protected]
Employee only classes - Coming soon!
Looking for a way to squeeze in some much needed exercise in your overly packed day? Join an employees only classes or our lunchtime group fitness class, part of the all-inclusive membership.