Guidance counsellors' zone
At the University of Ottawa, we understand that you play a major role in your students’ decisions to pursue postsecondary education. We hope you’ll find the following information useful and clear, and that it will assist you in helping your students.
Feel free to send us your feedback or suggestions to help us serve you better
News and changes
Winter 2018 admissions
- The admissions period for January 2018 begins on September 19, 2017.
- The deadline to apply for admission in January 2018 is October 19, 2017, and all supporting documents must be submitted by October 30, 2017.
Fall 2018 admissions
- The deadline for Ontario high school students to submit an application through OUAC for admission in September 2018 is January 17, 2018. For applicants from other Canadian provinces and territories, and for international applicants, check the deadlines and available programs page.
- The deadline to apply for the Service social program is now April 1, 2018.
More reminders and news
- The Faculty of Arts’ new Physical Geography and Geomatics program is offered in both English and French.
- The Faculty of Arts’ History and Theory of Art program been renamed Art History (Histoire de l’art in French).
- The Faculty of Arts’ French Studies program has been ended.
- The Management Information Systems and Analytics (MISA) option is no longer offered in French for the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom).
- All students admitted into first year (or second year if they are Quebec students arriving from CEGEP) are guaranteed a place in residence if they are admitted by June 1, 2018. They no longer need to request such accommodations in advance through OUAC. Students will complete the process with uOttawa’s Housing Service.
- The University of Ottawa no longer send offers of admission by regular mail. All students will need to check uoZone to see their admission decision. Applicants are notified by email when the status of their admission file changes and are encouraged to log into uoZone for details.
Information for future students
Check our website on undergraduate admissions to find out everything your students need to know to apply for admission as undergraduates at the University of Ottawa, specifically: admission requirements, deadlines, study programs, events and contact information.
The following links will allow you to quickly find the information you’re looking for on the different sections of our website.
Guidance Counsellor Information Day
Every fall, the Liaison Office welcomes guidance counsellors on campus for the annual Guidance Counsellor Information Day. This event is designed for guidance counsellors and other academic advisors who help students with their academic and career paths. It serves as the ideal setting to brief counsellors on what’s new at the University of Ottawa and on any changes to our undergraduate programs or admission procedures. The University will also be hosting information sessions on topics that are relevant to counsellors.
Registration for this event is now closed. We hope to see you in 2018
The Liaison Office: for students and counsellors
The Liaison Office is in charge of recruiting undergraduate students across Canada, from Francophone, Anglophone and French immersion students. Its liaison officers travel the country to meet with future students in their schools, introduce them to the University of Ottawa, and discuss their plans with them. The Office also hosts several events, such as open houses, and coordinates campus tours.
The Office’s mission also includes assisting guidance counsellors in their work, either by hosting training events, such as Guidance Counsellor Information Day, informing them of changes at the University of Ottawa, or answering their questions.
Feel free to contact the Liaison Office to obtain copies of any of our publications, arrange for a liaison officer to visit your school, or find answers to any of your questions.