Street team (outreach and education)
As a Peer Wellness Educator for one of the leading health promotion teams in Canada, you will be placed on one of our five teams; Mental Health, Physical and Nutritional Health, Harm Reduction, Sexual Health and Population Health. Each team is provided with evidence-based key messages from the wellness curriculum and will engage in various types of campus outreach to equip students with the tools and knowledge to help them take make informed decisions about their health and wellness.
Who is eligible to apply ?
All undergraduate students from any faculty are eligible to apply.
- Bilingualism (EN/FR) preferred — spoken/written/comprehension.
- Three hours per week (early September to early April – with the possibility of extending to summer).
- Successful candidates must attend a two-day in-person mandatory training session in early September.
Why join us?
- Get Co-curricular hours (CCR)
- Educate students to help them make healthy choices
- Meet other students
- Have a flexible schedule
- Contribute to maintaining a culture of wellness on campus
- Qualify for one of our many WSP position
“Working with the Health Promotion team has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It's allowed me to grow my skills, share my passion for healthy living and meet extraordinary people.”
— Wellness Lounge Administrative Assistant
Your health and wellness are essential to your academic success, but sometimes it’s hard to keep them top of mind. Do you have questions about yourself or your health, or need help facing challenges ?