*Disclaimer: The Health Promotion Specialist is not a medical professional, and cannot provide medical advice, formulate diagnoses, or provide treatment, etc. They are trained in system navigation, health education and student support.
What to expect
During your appointment, the Health Promotion Specialist* will:
work with you and your health care providers to determine the best care plan
provide personalized health education
help you navigate health and wellness resources
connect you with appropriate programs and services
Learn about and get resources for:
- navigating a diagnosis (creating a care plan)
- lifestyle improvement (goal setting)
- sexual and reproductive health
- physical and/or nutritional health
- mental and/or substance use health
- health insurance
- services and support based on your demographic profile
- and more!