Students sitting on the Tabaret stairs.

International special students

Study at uOttawa as an undergraduate student from a non-partner institution for one or two terms without applying for admission for a full degree.

To study at uOttawa as an international special student, you must be registered in a degree program at your home university. If you wish to study in a full degree program, graduate diploma or certificate program at uOttawa, learn about being an International student.

To find out if we have an exchange agreement with your university, see our list of our partner universities. If so, and you wish to apply for an exchange, learn more about exchanges at uOttawa

Steps to follow

Contact us


Tabaret Hall, Room M386
550 Cumberland Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1N 6N5

Tel: 613-562-5847
Fax: 613-562-5100
Email: [email protected]

Hours of operation

September 1 to May 31: 
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

June 1 to August 31:
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Please note that the University of Ottawa offices are closed during statutory holidays and during the winter break. Visit the Important academic dates and deadlines page for more information.