Comprised of four specialized teams, Facilities’ Architectural trades unit is responsible for the majority of the general building maintenance on campus. Constantly working together to address thousands of work orders a year, the Architectural trades unit is made up of carpenters, locksmiths, elevator technicians, and building envelope specialists.
Responsible for carpentry, maintaining woodwork, and general repairs.
- Classroom maintenance, including seats, tables, and chalkboards
- Wall, ceiling and flooring repairs, painting
- Window, blinds, and curtain repairs
- Furniture and cabinetry repairs and modifications
Responsible for cutting keys and maintaining approximately 30,000 doors on campus.
- Key cutting and management of the master key system (Policy 35)
- Doors, sliding overhead doors, garage doors and shutters repairs
- Automatic door openers maintenance
- Mechanical or electronic locks repairs, filing cabinets, safes, and anything with a lock or key
Responsible for maintaining roughly 100 elevators and chairlifts on campus.
- Dedicated technician on-site every day
- Manages all elevators and elevating devices
- Constant preventative maintenance
Building Envelope Specialists
Responsible for maintaining and repairing all building exteriors, including:
- Brick and masonry
- Roofs, including green roofs
- Insulation and waterproofing