The MHAC membership comprises participants who represent of the University community diversity and who possess perspective or expertise that could be drawn upon. Committee members will have lived experience and/or have a strong interest in mental health and wellness. Additional ad hoc members will be identified by the University Advisor and added as needed. Members are appointed for a one-year term, renewable.
Representatives of the Mental Health and Wellness Steering Committee will also attend these meetings on an as needed basis.
The University Advisor on Mental Health and Wellness serves as the Chair.
- Representatives of the uOttawa community
- At least four undergraduate students (including one from the University of Ottawa Students’ Union)
- At least three graduate students (including one from the Graduate Student’s Association)
- At least two non-academic staff members
- At least two full-time professors
- At least one part-time professor
- Representatives of the broader community
- One Centre for Innovation in Campus Mental Health (CICMH) representative
- One Ottawa Public Health (OPH) representative
- One Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) representative
- One Morneau-Shepell representative
- Resource people will be:
- The Wellness and Return to Work Advisor, Human Resources
- One Manager, Planning, Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic Affairs
- As needed, experts on specific issues
Meeting Attendance and Schedule
The MHAC will meet twice each semester.
MHAC members will participate in working groups that suit their interest and skills.
Secretariat services are provided by the Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic Affairs.