View of campus in the fall

Visiting research student (VRS)

You can be enrolled in another university and conduct research at uOttawa, in Canada’s capital.

Become a visiting research student

Visiting Research Student (VRS) status is available to graduate and undergraduate students enrolled in a full-time degree program at a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad.

A VRS student must conduct research activities for a minimum of 280 hours at the University of Ottawa, at the invitation and under the supervision of a full-time Faculty member.

For more information, follow the Procedure for Visiting Research Students.